- Nearly 1 in 5 women (19.3%) and 1 in 59 men (1.7%) have been raped in their lifetime.
- On average, nearly 20 people per minute are victims of physical violence by an intimate partner in the US. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experience some form of physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
- 1 in 5 women and 1 in 7 men have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
- 1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 men have experienced stalking victimization during their lifetime in which they felt fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.
- On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
- In domestic violence homicides, women are six times more likely to be killed when there is a gun in the house.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
- Intimate partner violence is most common among women between the ages of 18 and 24.
IF YOU NEED HELP, DIAL THE NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE AT: 1.800.799.SAFE (7233)