Episode #26 (2/27/2017) Interview with Angela Brown, Founder of Yeshua’s House
In “Turn to God with Carin,” Carin Jayne Casey welcomes special guest, Angela Brown, Founder of Yeshua’s House. Angela tells about how Yeshua’s House (a faith-based, non-profit, 18-month transitional home) was berthed, giving credit for the idea to her mother. Angela’s mother was one of five siblings trapped (by society and family culture) in a dangerous domestic violence environment. Only 5 years old herself, Angela’s mother lost her mother and unborn sibling by the hand of her drunken, abusive father. Family members took the children into their homes to keep them in safety.
While 93, Angela presented her mother with wedding pictures of her grandmother and grandfather, causing her mother to ponder that night over the abuse she had witnessed as a child, and the tragedy of her mother and sibling’s death. She shared her story with Angela, and when she passed away, blessed Angela with sufficient funds for the beginnings of Yeshua’s House.
Angela’s mother loved birds, as does Angela. Yeshua’s House used to carry a birdhouse logo, but the new logo is the outline of a bird. She referenced to Psalm 91:4 [Casey encourages us to read all of Psalm 91.]
“He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”
Through the support and services of donors during 2016, Yeshua’s House had many accomplishments:
- 18 residents (13 women and 5 children) called Yeshua’s House home;
- 5 ladies fled from their abusers and none returned;
- 2 ladies reunited with family members while residing at Yeshua’s House;
- 7 women and 1 child were temporarily residents needing only a few days or a month or two to transition
- Of the 7 ladies: 1 returned to her home state & family to distance herself from her abuser;
- 1 earned a promotion and secured her own apartment;
- 1 received a college scholarship.
- Yeshua’s House provided 1,523 days of shelter to 18 residents in 2016.
But, several other women needed a place to stay while Yeshua’s House was full!
It is Angela’s dream to have a second transitional home to better meet the needs of the women. In light of that, Yeshua’s House is presenting a “Virtual Vendor Showcase” whereby you can order items you want, and 15% to 20% of the sale proceeds go toward the second transitional home. This fundraising event ends March 10, 2017 and the list of participating vendors, and their links are on Yeshua’s House facebook and Angela Brown’s facebook.
- Airbonne Experience – Email vendor at: email@example.com
- Damsel in Defense
- Premier Designs Under His wings necklace: Email Debbie: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please go to these vendor sites and Yeshua’s House will receive 15% to 20% on their sales which will be contributed to this cause!
Contact information was given for donations to YeshuasHouse.net.